About the Partnership
The Healthcare Fraud Prevention Partnership (HFPP) is a voluntary public-private partnership between the federal government, state agencies, law enforcement, private health insurance plans, and healthcare anti-fraud associations. The HFPP aims to foster a proactive approach to detect and prevent healthcare fraud through data and information sharing.
The HFPP’s purpose is to improve the detection and prevention of healthcare fraud by:
- Exchanging data and information between the public and private sectors.
- Leveraging various analytic tools against data sets provided by HFPP partners.
- Providing a forum for public and private leaders and subject matter experts to share successful anti-fraud practices and effective methodologies for detecting and preventing healthcare fraud.
The HFPP focuses on two areas:
- Data sharing and analytics.
- Training, outreach, education and information sharing.
Results from the focused studies where data is shared between partners will provide input for ongoing outreach, both internal and external to the HFPP.
For more information about the HFPP, click here.